[Samba] Great article on Samba symlink fixes at Linux Weekly News !

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Sun Feb 13 18:36:18 UTC 2022

On 2/13/22 17:55, Patrick Goetz via samba wrote:
> OK, so my question is if all the internal functions have been switched
> to use file handles rather than paths, how is it possible to re-enable
> SMB1?

just

   handle = open(path)

and from then on use the handle. Of course the problem is doing the
"open" symlink race safe, so in real Samba code we don't use open(2)
directly, but the complex Samba function non_widelink_open().

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead      https://sernet.de/en/team-samba