[Samba] vfs_full_audit edit file parameter

Austin Axworthy aaxworthy at 45drives.com
Tue Dec 20 15:37:32 UTC 2022

Hi Michael,

I appreciate your reply. I am more focussed on when a file is edited. I was
able to test multiple different file edits and could consistently come to
the following log lines, using renameat and unlinkat.

renameat|ok /tank/samba/word.docx|/tank/samba/8E9152BF.tmp
renameat|ok|/tank/samba/word.docx
unlinkat|ok|/tank/samba/8E9152BF.tmp

I do agree it will differ depending on application, was just hoping there
was a more direct/consistent way people may have found to log file edits
specifically.

Thanks,
Austin