[Samba] pam_winbind and home folders

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Dec 5 21:27:06 UTC 2022

Mandi! Piviul via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Hi all, I have a PC joined to an AD domain that authenticate users using
> pam_winbind module. I have set the option mkhomedir and all seems to
> works except that in the domain home folders are created  even home
> folders of the PCs. There is a way to instruct pam_winbind to create
> only user's home folders and don't create PC's home folders?

As just stated by rowland, it is pam_mkhomedir and not pam_winbind that
create the homes...

Anyway, i use a 'root preexec = ' script in [homes] that create the homes;
machine account does not have [homes].

--
  Coltivate Linux, tanto Window$© si pianta da solo
				(Antonio, MajaGLUG: http://www.teppisti.it)