[Samba] Migrate and Update (Samba 4.1 ADDC to Samba Latest Version on different Server).

Juan Ignacio juan.ignacio.pazos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:03:21 UTC 2022

Already checked that on 4.1 and samba-tool doesn't have that options.
root at DC1:/usr/sbin# samba-tool domain backup online
Usage: samba-tool domain <subcommand>

Domain management.

  -h, --help  show this help message and exit

Available subcommands:
  classicupgrade    - Upgrade from Samba classic (NT4-like) database to
Samba AD DC database.
  dcpromo           - Promote an existing domain member or NT4 PDC to an AD
DC.
  demote            - Demote ourselves from the role of Domain Controller.
  exportkeytab      - Dump Kerberos keys of the domain into a keytab.
  info              - Print basic info about a domain and the DC passed as
parameter.
  join              - Join domain as either member or backup domain
controller.
  level             - Raise domain and forest function levels.
  passwordsettings  - Set password settings.
  provision         - Provision a domain.
For more help on a specific subcommand, please type: samba-tool domain
<subcommand> (-h|--help)