[Samba] upgrade from samba 4.13 to 4.16 broke CIFS Server Authentication

William Kirstaedter kirstaedter at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Aug 31 09:13:55 UTC 2022

thanks for your answers,

maybe I need to specify a bit more....

mainly I'd be interested in what the error in the smbd.log means, and
how I could get a trace what exactly the netapp or the windows client
sent to authenticate.

Actually, since last friday all my tests are running in a virtual
replica of the real system using the netapp ontap simulator and a copy
of my univention ucs appliance vm.

the user "cliff" is a test user (Clifford Unger from Death Stranding ...)
so there should not be a sensible data leak when extracting logs or
anything. I guess..

thanks again!

William Kirstaedter (PP&B) 	Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG
Faradayweg 4-6 	14195 Berlin
Tel: 030 8413 5405 	Mail: kirstaedter at fhi-berlin.mpg.de