[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 29 10:14:22 UTC 2021

> I have seen a few reports about 4.15.0 since it was released,
> one where
> a standalone server would not even start.
> Now this all could be coincidental, but it needs researching.

Yes, but not starting, thats not samba, thats a humon error/bad config.

All version i compiled and packaged work.

> I was thinking into same direction and hence I played also with max
> protocol and client max protocol entries as well as signing
> configuration parameters.

I dont expect its in there, as you said, these are disabled.

I suspect its somewhere in the AD object.
And you check in the ad on a few computer objects, the msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes
By default its 31. ("DES_CRC","DES_MD5","RC4","AES128","AES256")
You can try changing it on a faulty computer to 24. "AES128","AES256"
0x18 = 24

So far,

Louis