[Samba] Permission denied when chainbuilding packages with mock

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:11:14 UTC 2021

Am 28.09.21 um 12:58 schrieb Julian Sikorski via samba:
> W dniu 28.09.2021 o 12:10, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:

>> At the top of the client smb.conf is this:
>>
>> # Note:
>> # SMB1 is disabled by default. This means clients without support for
>> SMB2 or
>> # SMB3 are no longer able to connect to smbd (by default).
>>
>> It should also say that if you are trying to connect to a server, then
>> the server  must not use SMBv1 because the client doesn't use SMBv1.
>>
>> Try adding these lines to the smb.conf on the server:
>>
>> client min protocol = SMB2
>> server min protocol = SMB2
>>
>> Reload the config, do not restart Samba, OMV may remove the lines.
>>
>> If they work (and they should), you need to find out how to stop OMV
>> from removing them.
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Thanks! I added the lines, reloaded the config with smbcontrol smbd
> reload-config and remounted the share on the client. It did not help
> unfortunately. As I have vers=3.1.1 in the fstab entry, shouldn't this
> have been sufficient?
> In the meantime, I have tried something else and got some interesting
> results. I have tried to remove as many variables as possible and I did
> the following:
>
> 1. removed nobrl from the mount options on the desktop client to align
> with my laptop client
> 2. attempted to run the same rebuild command from my other client, using
> exactly the same mock options and as close as possible mount options. I
> then tried chainbuilding two different packages: $ mock --chain
> --localrepo /mnt/openmediavault/kernel/ -r fedora-34-x86_64
> goffice/goffice-0.10.50-2.fc36.src.rpm
> gnumeric/gnumeric-1.12.50-2.fc36.src.rpm. This has led to some
> interesting results: initially, if the first attempt was made on the
> desktop pc, the access denied error would appear and subsequent attempts
> on the laptop will fail. On the other hand, if the first attempt was
> made on the laptop, subsequent attempts would succeed, including ones
> done on the desktop. After changing and reverting the protocol version,
> however, neither laptop nor desktop clients work.
>
> The above indicates that the package versions installed can work in
> theory as I did no updates in the meantime. The question remains what is
> causing the failures.
>
> Best regards,
> Julian

I am making some assumptions here, but it appears that once a folder has
been generated from the desktop once, the bogus (?) ACLs remain for a
while and deleting the folder does not help. Case in point: I delete the
goffice* and repodata folders from /mnt/openmediavault/kernel/results, but

$ mock --chain --localrepo=/mnt/openmediavault/kernel -r
fedora-34-x86_64 goffice/goffice-0.10.49-1.fc36.src.rpm
gnumeric/gnumeric-1.12.49-1.fc36.src.rpm

will keep working from the laptop as goffice-0.10.49 was never rebuilt
from the desktop, but

$ mock --chain --localrepo=/mnt/openmediavault/kernel -r
fedora-34-x86_64 goffice/goffice-0.10.50-2.fc36.src.rpm
gnumeric/gnumeric-1.12.50-2.fc36.src.rpm

will fail when run from the laptop, even if the goffice-0.10.50-2.fc36
folder does not exist when the build is started.

Best regards,
Julian