[Samba] Permission denied when chainbuilding packages with mock

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 28 09:35:03 UTC 2021

As someone replied my recently..

This issue appears to have stemmed from me running Samba in a k8s container
without CAP_SYS_ADMIN which is apparently required for extended attributes.

I ended up building 4.15 from source with this patch applied:
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/1908 and added
xattr:unprotected_ntacl_name = user.NTACL to my smb.conf,

I dont know if you/openmediavault uses containers, but this might be worth a try.

Greetz,

Louis