[Samba] Permission denied when chainbuilding packages with mock

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:28:55 UTC 2021

W dniu 28.09.2021 o 11:08, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:
> On Tue, 2021-09-28 at 10:53 +0200, Julian Sikorski via samba wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> since a few weeks I am no longer able to chainbuild packages with
>> mock
>> when localrepo is pointed to a samba share.
>
> Has anything changed, any updares etc ?

On the client samba packages were updated from 4.14.6 to 4.14.7 on 1st
September, but looking at my history it appears that the chainbuilds
were working at least shortly after 16th September. I do not have the
history for the server because /var/log is stored in a ramdisk by armbian.
If I am not mistaken, I have deleted the repodata folder on the samba
share before the issue started happening and since then the chainbuilds
stopped working. I am not 100% sure though.

>>   The client error is:
>>
>> Error calculating checksum
>> /mnt/openmediavault/kernel/results/fedora-34-x86_64/pesign-113-
>> 16.fc35/pesign-113-16.fc34.x86_64.rpm:
>> (39, fsync failed: Permission denied)
>>
>> I was able to get the server to generate a log, there are
>> NT_STATUS_NO_EAS_ON_FILE and NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED errors present.
>> My
>> client is a Fedora 34 x86_64 machine, the server is
>> armbian/openmediavault. Does anybody have any ideas what is going on,
>> or
>> how can I check which request is getting access denied exactly?
>>

> Can you post the two smb.conf files and the Samba versions.
Sure. Versions are as follows:

Client: samba-client-4.14.7-0.fc34.x86_64
Server: samba-common/oldstable,oldstable,now 2:4.9.5+dfsg-5+deb10u1

smb.conf files are attached. The share is mounted on the client with the
following /etc/fstab entry:
//odroidxu4.local/julian /mnt/openmediavault    cifs
credentials=/home/julas/.credentials,uid=julas,gid=julas,vers=3.1.1,nobrl,_netdev,auto
0 0