[Samba] working well with sssd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 23 20:52:56 UTC 2021

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 08:41:10PM +0000, Billy Bob wrote:

>As to the analogy with Volvo dealers and Ford automobiles,
>it's just not the same thing. Nobody could say that sssd
>is an alternative to SAMBA ... it merely performs a function
>in connection with SAMBA in lieu of a component of SAMBA,
>and as has been repeatedly pointed out by SAMBA team members
>who are very active and invested in SAMBA's development,
>e.g. Ralph, sssd "is needed" and has it's place.

This is a great point. It's more like using an
aftermarket catalytic converter than a whole
new car. Yeah, those things can be trouble
but there's a reason people use them :-).

>While not helping is probably preferable to telling people to
>take a hike, what the people who have chimed in today seem to
>want is for you to share the gift you have in knowing and
>understanding SAMBA top to bottom. Who wouldn't?

Indeed, and thanks for putting that so well.

Rowland, count me among the people who appreciate
your gift in knowning and understanding Samba.

Please never stop helping people !

Cheers,

Jeremy.