[Samba] id mapping

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Thu Sep 23 08:10:32 UTC 2021

> There appears to be two camps in red hat, one accepts that you
> shouldn't use sssd with Samba >=4.8.0 , the other will not accept this.
> Also if you do use sssd with Samba, there are numerous problems, one of
> which is that RHEL 8 no longer has libpam-krb5

I have to chime in here. I have said this before you can use sssd with
Samba and Winbind. The Howtos are behind a paywall (well you don't have
to pay just register) at RedHat.

With idmap_sss

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3802321

And here without idmap_sss

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4290501

In the later case Auth is done by windbind. How this works without
pam_krb I do not know but it works for us.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen