[Samba] Replacing SSSD with just WINBIND for NFSv4

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 2 14:40:16 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-09-02 at 09:53 -0400, Luc Lalonde via samba wrote:
> Hello Louis,
>
> I'm still getting all the info together but I think that you're
> right.
>
> This directive on the client's configuration should make sure that
> unixHomeDirectory is properly passed along to AutoFS:
>
> > idmap config DOMAIN : unix_nss_info|
>
> I'm going to do some tests and get back to you!
>
> Thank You!.

I am getting lost here, I thought that autofs, when using NFS, could
only mount what the NFS server is exporting and that is fixed i.e. all
users will use /path/to/usersdir from the NFS server. This means that
you cannot use different paths for different users, or am I missing
something ?

I can think of one way around this, but it doesn't involve
unixhomedirectory or NFS

Rowland