[Samba] domain-free multi-user use cases

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Sun Oct 24 09:12:28 UTC 2021

Am 24.10.21 um 10:08 schrieb Eric Levy via samba:

> I did not understand the reference to host-based authentication.

Andrew meant that NFS does exactly what you want right now. (iSCSI will
also do this but is more complex to set up) The drawback is it only
works on Linux out of the box. But as I understand you only have Linux
clients at the moment.

What does work is that each user on you clients does it own mount of the
share. The result is the same and there are tools (autofs, pam_mount)
that are just as easy to configure as NFS for example.

Having said this. As there are ways to achieve your desired behaviour
although not exactly how you want it to be, I don not think Samba will
implement something like this.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen