[Samba] Unable to join domain

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 13 15:24:51 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-10-13 at 11:10 -0400, Rob Campbell wrote:
> I've been trying to figure it out but I can't so I'll just ask.
> Which links are you referring to and are these the links on the DC or
> the member?

If you are using distro packages, then there will a package that
contains the libnss winbind links, on fedora, I think it is samba-
winbind-clients. You will then need to tell fedora to use these links,
at one time 'authselect select winbind' would do this, but times
change. You need to do this on any Unix machines you want 'getent' to
show your users and groups.

Rowland