[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 6 07:35:25 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-10-06 at 08:22 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-10-06 at 09:08 +0200, Ingo Asche wrote:
> > Hi Rowland,
> >
> > that's funny, if I remember correct, I disabled netbios in the
> > smb.conf.
>
> Well, you have and you haven't, you have 'disable netbios = Yes' in
> your smb.conf, but you still have 'nbt' in 'server services'
> Not that it matters, 'netbios name' and 'netbios domain name' are
> still
> used internally.
>
> > And you're correct, "Ingo" is a domain user. The users are just
> > created
> > without home directory, because this is a domain with just the DC
> > for
> > testing.
>
> As I said, the main thing that jumped out was 'unmapped user
> [GALACTICATST]\[Ingo]@[GALACTICATST]', there is no mention of 'Ingo'
> and 'TEST'.
>
> > The rest I have to check in the evening, my Samba domain is more of
> > private project in my home IT... :-)
> >
> > By the way in my "production" AD the update from 4.14.7 to 4.14.8
> > worked
> > without any trouble, so it seems the problem is definetly between
> > 4.14
> > to 4.15.
>
> Until the problem is identified, there is little chance of fixing it.
>
> Rowland

Just been reading the release notes for 4.15.0 (again) and the only
thing that changed and could have anything to do with the problem is
the 'winbind scan trusted domains' parameter, this changed to 'no'.
Try adding 'winbind scan trusted domains = yes' to your DC's smb.conf
and then restart Samba, it might not do anything, but it will rule it
out if nothing changes.

Rowland