[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 6 07:22:42 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-10-06 at 09:08 +0200, Ingo Asche wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> that's funny, if I remember correct, I disabled netbios in the
> smb.conf.

Well, you have and you haven't, you have 'disable netbios = Yes' in
your smb.conf, but you still have 'nbt' in 'server services'
Not that it matters, 'netbios name' and 'netbios domain name' are still
used internally.

> And you're correct, "Ingo" is a domain user. The users are just
> created
> without home directory, because this is a domain with just the DC
> for
> testing.

As I said, the main thing that jumped out was 'unmapped user
[GALACTICATST]\[Ingo]@[GALACTICATST]', there is no mention of 'Ingo'
and 'TEST'.

> The rest I have to check in the evening, my Samba domain is more of
> private project in my home IT... :-)
>
> By the way in my "production" AD the update from 4.14.7 to 4.14.8
> worked
> without any trouble, so it seems the problem is definetly between
> 4.14
> to 4.15.

Until the problem is identified, there is little chance of fixing it.

Rowland