[Samba] auth_audit on samba 4.15

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Nov 26 18:58:33 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-11-26 at 18:24 +0100, Daniel Berteaud via samba wrote:
> This is done with
>
> logging = systemd at 1 file
> log level = auth_audit:3@/var/log/samba/auth.log auth_json_audit:4@/var/log/samba/json/auth.log
>
> After upgrading to samba 4.15.2, there's no authentication message sent anymore in those log files. Only authorization ones (if level >= 4).
> I checked the manual, but found no change regarding that.
>
> Is that expected ? Should I change anything in my conf to get authentication logged again, or is this a bug ?

Sounds like a bug.  The emission of audit logs is not tested (was too
hard), only the code right up to where they are printed, so a
regression certainly is possible.

Do you have the time to try a 'git bisect' to find out where this went
wrong?

Do the bisect between the tags samba-4.14.0rc1 and samba-4.15.2

And yes, please file a bug, I've sent you an invite to our bugzilla.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)        https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Team Member (since 2001)  https://samba.org