[Samba] auth_audit on samba 4.15

Daniel Berteaud dani at lapiole.org
Fri Nov 26 17:24:08 UTC 2021

Hi.

I'm running a samba DC 4.14.10. I've configured logging so that

    * Important messages about the service go to the Journal (level 1)
    * auth_audit logs in /var/log/samba/auth.log at level 3
    * auth_json_audit in /var/log/samba/json/auth.log at level 4

This is done with

logging = systemd at 1 file
log level = auth_audit:3@/var/log/samba/auth.log auth_json_audit:4@/var/log/samba/json/auth.log

After upgrading to samba 4.15.2, there's no authentication message sent anymore in those log files. Only authorization ones (if level >= 4).
I checked the manual, but found no change regarding that.

Is that expected ? Should I change anything in my conf to get authentication logged again, or is this a bug ?

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Berteaud