[Samba] PANIC: Signal 11: Segmentation fault in 4.15.2-Debian

spindles seven spindles7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:02:45 UTC 2021

On 23 November 2021 20:19 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Can you get a full GDB backtrace with the gdb_backtrace script?
>
> panic action = /path/to/gdb_backtrace %d
>
> At one point these were automatically enabled in debian actually.

Many thanks Andrew.   I would if I could!    I have no idea at all how to do that.   I see that the gdb_backtrace script is included for self-compiled versions, but I can't see it on the system with Louis' compiled version.   I assume I would need to install gdb and use the script (copied from the sources of 4-15.2)?   How is the script invoked?      Problem is I don't know how to trigger the Panic action - it happened this morning when I was out, but there may well have been some backups running accessing the shares on the server.

If you can give me some guidance I'll try to do what I can to capture the event.

Thanks,

Roy