[Samba] Read Only files, Extended Attributes and Microsoft Office Documents

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 15:12:27 UTC 2021

On 11/11/2021 16:47, Paul Littlefield via samba wrote:
> I shall report back with the result of your 2775 permissions on the folder.

We have a result   :)

The 2775 command worked but I had to add some extra setfacl commands to fix it completely for Microsoft Office documents...

find /home/samba/shared/ -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \;
find /home/samba/shared/ -type f -exec chmod 0664 {} \;
setfacl -R -m default:group:users:rwX,g:users:rwX /home/samba/shared/

...and now all files can be saved then edited by anyone at any time.

Thanks to all in this list for their help.

Take care.

Regards,

Paully