[Samba] samba4repo working for samba-4.15.1 and RHEL 7 and 8 and Fedora 34

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:59:21 UTC 2021

Good morning:

I had some time between roles, and spent it backporting sama-4.15.1 to
my https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/ . The current Fedora rawhide
builds rely on the experimental MIT kerberos, rather than the Heimdal
kerberos, and present compatibility issues for RHEL 7 and its forks.

Is Samba close enough to fully compatible with current Kerberos
releases? Can we reasonably rely on the current Fedora published
releases of Samba, which rely on this for full domain controller
features?

And does anyone care enough about Amazon Linux 2 to justify the
compatibility work needed to make Samba available there? I know there
have been some attempts, and the python module stack gets a bit
awkward because Amazon chose to use python 3.7 rather than the python
3.6 buil into EPEL and recompiling all the python modules gets hairy.

Nico Kadel-Garcia