[Samba] dhcp-dyndns.sh creates no PTR entry

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Fri Nov 12 12:55:37 UTC 2021

The script gets exactly what you described in your first answer. An IPv6
address is not shown in the syslog.

But I just did another testing. It's the format of the IPv6 zone name
which breaks the function.

A simple "grep 'in-addr'" might do the trick if that's a correct way. If
I add that to the seach command for the reverse zones only the IPv4
zones will be shown and the script uses the correct zone even then there
are more than one IPv4 reverse zones:
ReverseZones=$($SAMBATOOL dns zonelist ${Server} $KTYPE --reverse | grep
'pszZoneName' | awk '{print $NF}' | grep 'in-addr')

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama