[Samba] dhcp-dyndns.sh creates no PTR entry

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Nov 12 12:45:29 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-11-12 at 13:22 +0100, Ingo Asche wrote:
> Let's not start that discussion... :-)
>
> I got similar lines in my syslog and also only IPv4, that's not the
> problem.

I need to see what dhcp is sending to the script, is it sending the
data twice, or is it sending the IPv4 & IPv6 addresses on the same
line, or something else ?

> I think the problem begins in line 230 for example in your script:
> ReverseZones=$($SAMBATOOL dns zonelist ${Server} $KTYPE --reverse |
> grep
> 'pszZoneName' | awk '{print $NF}')

It might be, but until I see what the script gets, I cannot even begin
to fix it. The problem is that the script is written around IPv4 and it
will either need to dump the IPv6 address, or be rewritten to use IPv6.

Rowland