[Samba] How do users access shares?

Rob Campbell robcampbell08105 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:21:34 UTC 2021

What I would want is for all users to have a mnt directory in their home
that these shares would mount to.  So user 'tester' would have
/home/tester/mnt/Photos /home/tester/mnt/Videos /home/tester/mnt/Music.  I
guess I could create a standard mount point like /mnt/Photos /mnt/Videos
/mnt/Music but then, how do I restrict access to what the share
says @HOME\"Media Users"?  And how do I do I give write access to
only @HOME\"Media Admins"?

I used gio mount smb://fs01/Photos and that created the share in Nautilus
but I can't use my programs with that.  I tried the symlink ln -s
/run/user/2002/gvfs/smb-share\:server\=fs01\,share\=Photos but that symlink
didn't work at all.

In all things, Be Intentional.