[Samba] Printserver after latest MS updates

Christian chanlists at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:43:29 UTC 2021

Dear all,

sorry, I am lost with this and would be grateful for a summary. We run
an active directory based on samba 4.14.7 with a print server that is
configured for driver download. Connecting to printers and printing from
domain-joined computers by logged-in domain users seems to work. Is this
the expected behavior right now or did we just get lucky?

On non domain joined computers, we experience issues even if users
connect to the printserver using their domain credentials. Connecting to
printers fails with the evil 0x00000709 message. Is there any known
working configuration for this that does not involve uninstalling the MS
updates? Like a change on the server side or a registry fix on the non
domain joined computer?

Thanks for any input,

Christian