[Samba] reverse DNS not working for some reason ...

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 3 09:51:09 UTC 2021

OK, I think this answers my question: this only works when using DHCP.

I'll try and follow the instructions on the Wiki page you sent me. I was
trying to avoid this because we have another DHCP server running in the
environment for laptops, etc..  That's my issue with AD -- it wants to
take over everything. <:)