[Samba] Debian 4.15.1 Buster (amd64/i386/armhf) and Bullseye (amd64/i386/armhf/arm64) are now online

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 2 14:16:59 UTC 2021

Hai,

A bit later as usual. I've been more offsite if people are wondering why.

But the 4.15.1 package are now also online for Debian Buster/Bullseye.
Buster   (amd64/i386/armhf)
Bullseye (amd64/i386/armhf/arm64)

And offcourse all sources are available also.

Enjoy.

---------- THE REPO SETUP ---------------
Its a copy pastable what here below
I already adjusted it for you guys, it works for buster and bullseye.

#1) Choose http or https for you apt, both work, for https you need to :
apt-get install apt-transport-https gnupg

#2) Put the trusted (de-armored) key in /usr/share/keyrings/

wget -O- https://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc |\
    gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /usr/share/keyrings/louis-van-belle.gpg > /dev/null

#3) (optional) setup a header line for the repo file.
echo "# AptVanBelle repo for samba." | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

#4) In the line below, change the OS and/or samba version to what you want.

echo "deb [arch=amd64 signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/louis-van-belle.gpg] http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/ $(lsb_release -sc)-samba415 main" \|
 sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

#5) Optional: disable language translations, i dont use this on the repo.
#If you add these, i have less messages in my webserver logs. ;-) THANKS!

echo "Acquire::Languages { "none"; };" |sudo tee -a /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99disable-translations

#You already installed samba 4.15.0?
apt update && apt upgrade -y

#You already installed samba 4.14.
sed -i 's/414/415/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
apt update && apt upgrade -y

Few tips in general.
- Please dont use DHCP IP's on server.
- Make sure IP / hostname and domainnames are correct before you install.

It just save's you from problems later on, changing can be done, but clean "correct" install,

Greetz,

Louis