[Samba] oLschema2ldif - converting ldap schemas for Samba

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 26 17:52:10 UTC 2021

On 26/05/2021 18:18, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
> I am trying to convert OpenLDAP schemas to Samba-addc. I found a
> binary called 'oLschema2ldif' in the Samba package (Samba 4.14), which
> has a promising name, but not very descriptive help and man-page.
>
> I could not find much with google nor could I anything converted with
> oLschema2ldif :-(
> Does anyone have experience with creating or converting ldap schemas
> for use with Samba?
>
> - Kees

Syntax:
oLschema2ldif --basedn=DN --input=inputfile --output=outputfile

Where:
  'DN' is the AD domain DN e.g. DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
  'inputfile' is an Openldap schema (not an ldif)
  'outputfile' is what you want the resultant ldif to be called.

You can use a path for the two files, they do not have to be in the
directory from where you run the command.

We do have a wikipage for how you add the ldif to Samba AD:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions

Please be aware that extending the AD schema is one way, once in, you
can never remove the schema extension.

Just has a final thought, what do want to add to AD ?

Rowland