[Samba] oLschema2ldif - converting ldap schemas for Samba

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 26 17:47:57 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-05-26 at 19:18 +0200, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
> I am trying to convert OpenLDAP schemas to Samba-addc. I found a
> binary
> called 'oLschema2ldif' in the Samba package (Samba 4.14), which has
> promising name, but not very descriptive help and man-page.
>
> I could not find much with google nor could I anything converted
> with
> oLschema2ldif :-(
> Does anyone have experience with creating or converting ldap schemas
> for
> use with Samba?

See https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions for
some more context, but yes, if you do mange to write up something on
what this tool can and can't do (it is quite limited) then please
update the wiki with a section on it.

oLschema2ldif came from a very early time in Samba AD development when
we thought people would need to convert a lot of schema automatically,
but hasn't had any love for years.

oLschema2ldif tries to take in the original style of OpenLDAP schema
(not what at the time was the new-fashio in-directory LDIF format) and
output something that might import as an AD schema.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions