[Samba] Windows 10 localsystem account

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Mar 28 13:57:14 UTC 2021

On 28/03/2021 14:42, Lars Sunde wrote:
> Thank you for the very quick response.
>
> Why does this work using Windows 7 that also uses 'NT
> Authority\System' account?
>
> Upgrading any software must be approved and therefore takes a bit of
> time which is not ideal.

But using a version of Samba that went EOL 4 years ago is OK ???

>   * What is issue number of that particular fix?
>   * What version of Samba contains that fix?

Not entirely sure (for either) I just know that at one time Samba didn't
know who 'SYSTEM' was, but it does now. The present Samba supported
versions (4.13.x, 4.13.x and 4.14.x) all know 'SYSTEM', so I would
suggest you upgrade to one of these versions, though this may mean you
need to upgrade your red-hat OS as well.

>  *
>
> Is there any workaround for this issue that does not invovled updating
> Samba?

Not that I am aware, others may.

Rowland