[Samba] Automated samba online backup.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 19 18:27:34 UTC 2021

I would strongly recommend against this 'solution'.  Unless you lock
the Samba DB during the backup, you cannot know that the DB is in a
consistent state to take the backup.

The same concerns expressed for PostgreSQL apply to Samba:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/backup-file.html

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions