[Samba] Ask not for whom the bell tolls HPUX. It tolls for thee..

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 18:25:25 UTC 2021

Just out of curiosity, and not because I care about HP-UX, I dug a
little further and found:

This article [1] says:

> Support for HPE’s Itanium-powered Integrity servers, and HP-UX 11i v3, will come to an end on December 31, 2025.

The HP-UX SUPPORT MATRIX [2] confirms that, noting:

- HP-UX 11i v3 obsolescence date (last date software offered for
sale): HPE Integrity: through at least 31-Dec-2023
- End of factory support: HP 9000: through 31-Mar-2021; HPE Integrity:
through at least 31-Dec-2025
- Footnote 4: HP-UX 11i v3 will be under Standard Support through at
least December 31, 2025. Mature Product Support without sustaining
engineering for HP-UX 11i v3 will start after Standard Support ends
and will be offered for a minimum of 3 years.

I don't care, but HPE might. But I'm not sure if Samba does :-)

Jonathon

[1]: https://mainframedebate.com/2020/07/21/death-of-hp-ux-and-itanium/
[2]: https://psnow.ext.hpe.com/doc/4aa4-7673enw