[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Mar 2 15:05:49 UTC 2021

Am 02.03.21 um 15:55 schrieb K.R. Foley:
> On 2021-03-02 08:25, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:
>>> Again there is no routing between this subnet and any other subnet.
>>> However, the VMs are not physically isolated. This is not really
>>> possible in the current environment. There is an older Samba NT4 PDC
>>> on the same ESXI with the test VMs, but there is no IP routing and
>>> also the domain names are different. Is it possible that this is
>>> causing a problem?
>>
>> why would it not be possible in a virtualized environment to
>> physically isolate things?
>>
>> nothing easier than that by just place them on a virtual vswitch with
>> no physical NIC assigend and for operational tasks just use the vm
>> console like you would sit in front of a physical machine
>
> I will take a closer look tonight, but what I read about creating a
> vswitch indicated that the two VMs must reside on the same ESXi host,
> which they do not. Therefore, I did not try this

it's about get as much as possible of the whole infrastructure out of
sight and so just move the test-vm (client) on the same ESXi host as the
server

* then you have an isolated environment to start
* get it running there
* after that move around stuff
* at each step you can verify if it was breaking