[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 1 12:05:08 UTC 2021

On 01/03/2021 11:55, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:

> no - both!
>
> if have seen way too much cases in the past 15 years where something
> touched my "/etc/resolv.conf" and i only operate machines with a fixed IP
>
> all kind of software updates and accidents may mungle with it later
> and every time it makes troubles and wastes time
>
> "/etc/resolv.conf" and "/etc/nsswitch.conf" should be immutable after
> they are finally configured - it's that easy

Sorry, but I cannot agree, if something is unexpectedly messing with a
file, then you need to find out what this and stop it. Whatever is doing
it will vary with the OS, it may be resolvconf or the latest being
systemd-resolved, but whatever it is, it should be stopped. Now your
view differers to mine, so lets agree to differ.

Rowland