[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Mar 1 11:55:11 UTC 2021

Am 01.03.21 um 12:40 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 01/03/2021 11:33, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:

>>> OK, you need to find out what is running /usr/sbin/dhclient-script
>>> and stop it.
>>
>> you typically do "chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf" to make sure nobody and
>> nothing is touching that file
>>

> No, if you set a fixed IP, then you need to find out what is changing
> /etc/resolv.conf and stop it doing it. Your way is like using a very big
> hammer, when all that is required is a bit of tweaking.

no - both!

if have seen way too much cases in the past 15 years where something
touched my "/etc/resolv.conf" and i only operate machines with a fixed IP

all kind of software updates and accidents may mungle with it later and
every time it makes troubles and wastes time

"/etc/resolv.conf" and "/etc/nsswitch.conf" should be immutable after
they are finally configured - it's that easy