[Samba] multiuser with simple user mapping

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Wed Jun 23 12:41:12 UTC 2021

Eric Levy via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> writes:
> I have a Linux server, and a NAS device from Synology. Both systems
> have matching sets of user names.
>
> From the server, I create a mount through the following command:
>
> $ sudo mount.cifs //diskstation/usr /mnt -ouser=master,multiuser,setuids,idsfromsid

idsfromsid is a workaround to store unix ids inside SID.

If you want to map real existing SID to proper uids you need to
* setup Winbind on the system doing the mount
* make sure it is able to resolve sid/uid (you can test with wbinfo
utility)
* make sure you have cifs-utils and keyutils installed
* make sure /etc/request-key.conf has an cifs.idmap entry
* mount with cifsacl option instead of idsfromsid

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3