[Samba] Replication between DCs seems broken after deleting a domain member

Arne Zachlod arne at nerdkeller.org
Mon Jun 7 15:21:56 UTC 2021

On 6/7/21 4:50 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> Yes, but how did you delete it, did you just remove the computers record ?

yes, if I remember correctly, thats exactly what I did. I think there
was some error when trying the leave command, but of course I didn't
save any output.

> If you did, then I would suggest you don't do it that way again, you
> should 'leave' the domain from the computer.

will do.

> Use samba-tool to replicate from a good DC to addc08

well, I tried it as suggested here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Manually_Replicating_Directory_Partitions

but the error persists, so I tried replicating Computers as well, but it
didn't work:

root at addc08:~# samba-tool drs replicate addc08 addc16
CN=Computers,DC=int,DC=company,DC=de --full-sync
ERROR(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsException'>): DsReplicaSync failed -
drsException: DsReplicaSync failed (8440, 'WERR_DS_DRA_BAD_NC')
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/drs.py", line 577,
in run
     drs_utils.sendDsReplicaSync(server_bind, server_bind_handle,
source_dsa_guid, NC, req_options)
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/drs_utils.py", line 92, in
sendDsReplicaSync
     raise drsException("DsReplicaSync failed %s" % estr)

do you have any more ideas? Not sure if it's important, but addc08 is
also the FSMO master.

thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated

Arne