[Samba] Up to date SAMBA Administration GUI?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 7 12:15:42 UTC 2021

On 07/06/2021 12:38, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have uploaded the Samba UI to Gitlab and you can find the code,
> released under GPL v3
> https://gitlab.com/exzatech-consulting-and-services-private-limited/sambaui/-/tree/Version-1.0
>
> For any questions, you may reach me on my mail address or connect with
> us at https://www.exzatechconsulting.com/?page_id=1954&view=topic&id=2
> Thanks & regards,
>
> Anantha Raghava

Well, that precludes me trying it, it seems to be aimed squarely at the
very OS that doesn't actually have Samba packages that can be
provisioned as an AD DC, so you have to compile Samba and the highest
Samba version appears to be 4.12.x. It also seems to requires you to run
it in a virtualenv. In my opinion (for what is worth), it isn't ready
for production use. I feel it is a good start, but it needs to be made
easier to install and without the virtualenv. YMMV

Rowland