[Samba] NTLM Authentication failing after DC updated and restarted. Shares are asking for a password constantly.

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 4 20:38:14 UTC 2021

On 04/06/2021 21:24, Anthony wrote:
> Believe me, I have my worries but up until this week this server was
> out of my control and people responsible for it are no longer here.
> The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3 (Santiago) We're
> not using SMBv1 its on SMBv2.

That explains why you are using Samba 3.6.x, but are you aware that
RHEL6 is EOL ?

I suggest you upgrade the OS, this will get you nearer to a Samba
supported version.

I think you have run into the problem that Windows no longer allows
guest access by default (yes, not even on a Samba server), you have to
use a user and password.

Rowland