[Samba] BitLocker Password and ID export

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:36:45 UTC 2021

You only store the *recovery key* in AD, otherwise it would be a much
higher target for hackers.

If you are trying to recover a bitlocker recovery key, you'll need to run a
computer with the RSAT tools installed for your domain, and register the
BDE dll (run "regsvr32.exe BdeAducExt.dll") or add the Bitlocker Management
Tools if you have Windows Server (
http://www.alexandreviot.net/2015/06/10/active-directory-how-to-display-bitlocker-recovery-key/
)