[Samba] - Unable to access share from Windows 2012 client

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jul 14 14:38:07 UTC 2021

Since this is an very old samba version, i think the best fix for this person is also to setup as stand-alone.
 https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Standalone_Server

His Solaris 10 has support until 2024 i believe.
But he should update it to latest build/patch.. I think he can get upto samba 4.1, or he needs to compile it himself.

His "workgroup" is abused with a AD-domain, and...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/identity/naming-conventions-for-computer-domain-site-ou#netbios-domain-names

Quote "Periods shouldn't be used in Active Directory domains."

So, in my opinion, the "quick fix" is, setup as standalone server.
You already use hosts allow in smb.conf
So setup as wiki shows.

Then, if needed, play with the client/server min/max protocols,
but i dont think thats needed after you setup as wiki shows.

Greetz,

Louis