[Samba] GPO Issue after adding second DC -> winning gpo Result: Failure (Error Code: 0x80070035)

Marco Shmerykowsky marco at sce-engineers.com
Thu Jan 28 15:46:47 UTC 2021

I'm currently running Debian 10 & Samba 4.13.2.

Users can connect remotely via OpenVPN with the
authentication being handled by samba.

I created a second DC, joined it to the domain following
"Joining a Samba DC to an Existing Active Directory"
from the SambaWiki.

I also implemented the "Rsync based SysVol replication workaround"
also listed in the SambaWiki.

After adding in the second DC as described above users
started having issues with the GPO's not being applied.
Running gpresult shows that the failed drive maps have
the error -> winning gpo Result: Failure (Error Code: 0x80070035)

What is odd is that it doesn't appear consistent. I've
logged in using the user's credentials on two computers
and have no issues.  The user, however, still seems to
have issues even after deleting the local profile,
running 'gpudate /force' and rebooting.

Ideas?  Thank you.