[Samba] Samba doesn't honor the setting "dedicated keytab file"

Andrea Cucciarre' acucciarre at cloudian.com
Thu Jan 28 12:37:23 UTC 2021

Hello Rowland,

I read the man page and I came to the same conclusion as you, but Samba
wiki is not clear, in the link below:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Mapping_the_Domain_Administrator_Account_to_the_Local_root_User

it uses "dedicated keytab file" with "kerberos method = secret and keytab"

Moreover, the same config setting on  CentOS works.
Regarding "server role" I believe it's an error, I guess I can use the
default cause in the Samba wiki about DC member is not mentioned

  Regards
Andrea Cucciarre'