[Samba] confirm deletion - possible?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Jan 26 12:03:47 UTC 2021

Am 22.01.21 um 10:25 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 21.01.21 um 11:01 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>
>> I now follow a howto I found:
>>
>> https://dr-luthardt.de/linux.htm?tip=smbtrash
>>
>> the idea is:
>>
>> * hide .Trash via "veto files"
>> * share .Trash for a defined list of "valid users" as separate share
>>
>> looks promising, I wait for the user there to test my first draft
>
> To give feedback:
>
> they are happy for now with this approach.

... until now.

I get feedback that the "power user" (userC in example below) isn't able
to access all the deleted files of the other users.

And something about 0 bytes files in there ....

I will check that in more detail later.

Just for suggestions:

my current config contains:

[data]

	create mask = 0775

	directory mask = 0775

	force group = users

	inherit acls = Yes

	path = /mnt/data
	read only = No

	valid users = sgw userA userB [..] userX
	vfs objects = full_audit recycle

	recycle:directory_mode = 770

	recycle:versions = yes

	recycle:keeptree = yes

	recycle:repository = .Trash

	full_audit:failure = all

	full_audit:success = all

	full_audit:priority = NOTICE

	full_audit:facility = LOCAL5

[data_Trash]

	comment = Papierkorb D
	path = /mnt/data/.Trash

	read only = No

	valid users = sgw userC

---

userC is member of UNIX group "users"

---

I assume I could/should get rid of stuff like "create mask" ? That is
historical stuff from years ago, never touched because "works".

Samba version 4.12.9, btw (gentoo stable ..)