[Samba] Recycling problem

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:27:29 UTC 2021

All, I asked about the vfs module recycling a  couple of weeks ago, and we now have a working solution for shared folders, ie one recycle bin for our Documents share that seems to work as it should.
The next issue is the personal recycle bins. I have tried a couple of variants, with mixed success. The latest one is modeled after a german blog’s example, but still not fully working.

[Users]
 comment = "User home directories"
 path = /share2/Users
 read only = no
 recycle:repository = /share2/Users/%U/.Trash
 recycle:keeptree = yes
 recycle:versions = yes
 recycle:touch = yes
 recycle:exclude=*.tmp,*.TMP
 guest ok = no

[%U_Trash]
 comment = "Personlig papperskorg"
 path = /share2/Users/%U/.Trash
 browseable = Yes
 valid users = %U
 read only = no

So, trash shares are browsable and can be accessed by users on the test domain, but files deleted from home directories are not moved there. I must be missing some vital details since it works fine with shared folders..

[Dokument]
        comment = “Dokument”
        path = /share2/Dokument
        read only = no
        guest ok = no
        recycle:repository = /share2/Dokument/Papperskorgen
        recycle:keeptree = yes
        recycle:versions = yes
        recycle:exclude = *.tmp,*.TMP