[Samba] CPU 100% smbd 4.9.5 debian buster

Francesc Guasch frankie at telecos.upc.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:48:04 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 02:06:52PM +0000, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

Hi Rowland. Thanks for anwering me.
> On 15/02/2021 12:39, Francesc Guasch via samba wrote:
> > Hi. I have a samba server that suddenly gets smbd
> > processes at 100% and becomes unusable.
> >
> > This is samba release 2:4.9.5+dfsg-5+deb10u1
> > [IPC$]
> >      path = /tmp
> >      hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0
>

> Why have you created a hidden share called 'IPC' ?

I don't know it has been here for ages.

> Is this a new PDC, or an existing one ?

This server has been running all sambas since the last
millenia. It was reinstalled a few months ago.

> Is apparmor running and possibly denying something ?

Yes ! Some things spotted there. I just did:
systemctl disable apparmor
systemctl stop apparmor

> Is there anything in the Samba logs ?

I checked but overwhelming, what log level do you
suggest ?

Thank you thankyou very much for answering.