[Samba] Dynamic Updates to Bind DLZ through DHCP have repeated errors in syslog

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Feb 5 16:48:56 UTC 2021

On 29/01/2021 20:18, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 29/01/2021 20:08, ralph strebbing wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 2:22 PM Rowland penny via samba
>> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you created the reversezone(s) in AD ?

OK, after discussing this problem offlist with the OP, a few bugs were
identified in the dhcp bash update script found here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_DHCP_to_update_DNS_records_with_BIND9

After a few updates to the script, hopefully the bugs have now been
fixed, the OP has confirmed that it now works for him.

The bugs were only evident if you used multiple reversezones.

I have updated the script on the wikipage and would suggest that anyone
using the script updates as soon as possible.

Rowland