[Samba] Samba DNS Accounts

Bo Kersey bo at vircio.com
Thu Feb 4 18:58:36 UTC 2021

OK...  The problem is that I'm getting
dns_tkey_gssnegotiate: TKEY is unacceptable

and for some reason the dns- user account that controls this is being created as dns-ad01.samdom.example.com instead of dns-ad01
All of my other networks dns-hostname and they work.  This network creates the account as dns-fqdn and that is not working....

from samba_upgradedns

        # Check if dns-HOSTNAME account exists and create it if required
        secrets_msgs = ldbs.secrets.search(expression='(samAccountName=dns-%s)' % hostname, attrs=['secret'])
        msg = ldbs.sam.search(base=domaindn, scope=ldb.SCOPE_DEFAULT,
                              expression='(sAMAccountName=dns-%s)' % (hostname),
                              attrs=[])

hostname is coming out as dns-ad01.samdom.example.com instead of dns-ad01

Bo Kersey
VirCIO - managed network solutions
4314 Avenue C
Austin, TX 78751
phone: (512)374-0500

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.  In practice, there is.