[Samba] login without domain\username

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 2 16:50:03 UTC 2021

On 02/02/2021 16:35, ERIC PEYREMORTE wrote:

> [...]

That's just it, it is possible:

rowland at devstation:~$ getent passwd rowland
rowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/rowland:/bin/bash

That is on the Linux computer I am typing this on.

To be honest, I expected you to post a smb.conf from a Samba DC, where
it isn't possible to remove the DOMAIN

Rowland