[Samba] login without domain\username

ERIC PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Tue Feb 2 16:35:32 UTC 2021

De: "sambalist" <samba at lists.samba.org>
À: "sambalist" <samba at lists.samba.org>
Envoyé: Mardi 2 Février 2021 17:27:12
Objet: Re: [Samba] login without domain\username

On 02/02/2021 15:25, ERIC PEYREMORTE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't miss, just thought it wasn't useful as the option didn't seem
> to be what i was searching for ;-)
>
> Here is my smb.conf (it's minimalistic for now because just in test
> right now)
>
> [global]
> workgroup = IUTV
> realm = AD.IUT-VALENCE.FR
> security = ADS
> idmap config IUTV:backend = ad
> idmap config IUTV:schema_mode = rfc2307
> idmap config IUTV:range = 200-40000

OK, have you added any uidNumber & gidNumber attributes to AD ?

If you have, are they inside the 200-40000 range ?

Also, does the Domain Users group have a gidNumber inside that range ?

>> Yes they have uidNumber and gidNumber in the good range and domain users have a gidNumber in the range.

Why 200-40000 ? Do you not have any local users ?

>> We have some old groups i couldn't see because they were created with a too low range. I plan to move them because they should be in such low ranges.

>> But everything is working if i connect to a share with IUTV\login. It's just if i was searching a way to remove the domain prefix, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

> [guest]
> path = /tmp
> read only = no
> guest ok = no

Interesting name for a share that doesn't allow guest access.

>> Haha, yes i know i did a lot of tests to check my winbind conf was working, but didn't configure le shares completely yet

Rowland